Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Freedom Tape...

It always amazes me how much better an artists' work is when the goal is creating good work. Or when the goal is to constantly improve. I have noticed it in myself. I am a much better writer and performer when I really don't give a shit what people think. I actually watched a tape of myself auditioning for a Tv show, and on the same tape was a performance that I had done simply for the joy of helping people laugh. There was an exponential difference in quality. It was almost like the audition guy was someone dressed as me. The guy performing on the "Freedom Tape" as I call it, was in fact the real me.

I saw a life in my eyes and body that did not exist in the audition tape. How many people are living in an audition tape everyday? How many are auditioning to be in some lame relationship? How many are auditioning at a job that crushes them everyday? Live a "Freedom Tape" life!

When we do things STRICTLY with ego strokes and accolades as a goal we can't possibly perform at our highest levels in any part of our lives. We must not allow others to dictate how we feel about ourselves or what we do. They have no idea what we are truly capable of. Only we know that. Or do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment