Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Validation Junkie?

I was never a validation junkie. Well, not as a mature adult anyway. It might seem strange to hear that from someone who has been telling strangers funny stories in dark smoke filled rooms for as long as I have, but it’s true. An online friend asked me why it doesn’t bother me too much when I post something that I think is really good and get a small response. My answer is simple. First, I only worry about things that I can control. Other people’s actions do not fall into that category. Second, I would only feel sadness if I thought that I was only capable of that one good piece of writing. I think that I can always come up with more good stuff.

The reason that I’m here and on my blog(s) is simple. I like to express my ideas. Everyone needs to have a place to vent, celebrate or quite simply…just say stupid outrageous shit. This is not therapy. You will not meet everyone that reads what you write and if you did, they will not all give a shit about you. It is not that serious. I believe the human need to express yourself supersedes worrying about the response. Do I want people to enjoy what I write? Yes. If they don’t or if no other person sees it, will I stop? Fuck no.

No comments:

Post a Comment