Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Neo meets Morpheus moment...

Trancendent moments in your life are few and far between so it behooves you to pay attention to them. In the past I haven't been as good at noticing them or reacting to them. This is the mistake that most of us make and thus the large amount of us that think mediocrity is the norm.

I have taken a long look at my life. For the first time I have seen what I am really capable of. It's scary. Not in a negative way, it's scary because I now know that I have been using about 1% of my abilities. Most of us are. It's disconcerting. Sometimes, when we have a "Neo meets Morpheus" moment like the one that I'm having now we don't want to take the pill that will wake us up. It's easier to stay asleep. It's easier to settle for the life that we have now. But, when you wake up... you can never close your eyes again. I am awake. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment