Sunday, August 28, 2011

S. Anthony says... (The Lesson)

I am reminded now of a moment that I had a couple of years ago with my nephews. They were visiting and of course spending 99.9 percent of their time playing video games. (They could have done that shit at my sister's house, why come here, ignore me and genital block me? I cancelled sex for these mofos!)

Anyway, my oldest nephew was playing a basketball game and winning by 20 points. It seemed easy for him. Too easy. When he took a pee break, I looked into the game settings and noticed that he had lowered the computer's game skill and raised his. I of course reversed this. No, I didn't tell him. FUNNY! It took him a little while to figure out how his 20 point lead became a tie game in 2 minutes. I repeat, FUNNY!

"Unc....did you...um...change something?"

"Yup, and you are going to finish the game just as it is. I'm staying right here."

"Aw man."

As the game continued, he started to sweat....he was using body English like you wouldn't believe.

But he WON. By a point. On the last shot. As time expired.

He was out of breath and sweat was dripping from his forehead.

"Well, didn't it feel better EARNING your victory?"

"Yeah. I'm glad you made me do that. From NOW on....I'm playing it like THIS!"

He ran upstairs and called one of his friends to tell the story, I could hear excited laughs from two rooms away. This was a teaching moment between Uncle and nephew. Oh, I also taught my other nephew a lesson. I won five bucks off of him because his brother DIDN'T cover the spread. His lesson, old dudes are smarter than teenagers. (Of course the last part didn't happen...but you knew a joke was coming, so there it was.)

No comments:

Post a Comment