Sunday, October 3, 2010

S. Anthony says...

It's taken a while but I've finally gotten over my biggest weakness. Perfectionism. It doesn't sound like much but it can be a life stopper. Imagine never giving your best because you were afraid of not being perfect. The funny thing is...many people feel the same way, but don't know it. Have you ever compared yourself negatively to someone else only to find out that they are just as flawed as you? Of course you have.

What I've learned, is how silly it is to even want to be perfect. Where's the joy in that? Truthfully, that would be really fucking boring. There'd be no surprises, no joy in learning, no improvements. Once again I say...FUCK THAT! I prefer to shoot for a combination of greatness...AND constant improvement. I don't care if the improvement is incremental or if it's exponential. I just want it to be CONSTANT. I want to be learning all the time, getting better all the time...and I'm telling you, it is possible. I'm beginning to see it. A life simplified is a life more easy to enjoy. Most complications are complete bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment