Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The lesson of the second wind...

I saw a picture of myself today. I didn't like what I saw. After I got hurt and wasn't able to work out for a couple of months I put on some weight. I didn't and currently don't look like ME. I started to have really negative thoughts about myself. It was like being the person that I WAS a few years ago...negative thoughts began to take over and I started thinking less of myself. Then I remembered a lesson that I learned when I had gotten in shape before. It is the lesson of THE SECOND WIND.

It's always there. I remember being on a stair machine 15 years ago in L.A. I was working I thought, as hard as I could. I was breathing hard, my legs burned and I thought "I can't do this, it's too hard!" I then looked at the clock and noticed that it was 3 minutes to the hour. I thought "I'll just get to the hour and stop, then I'm leaving." At the end of the three minutes I noticed something...my legs still burned but I got the feeling that I could handle it. I was breathing heavily, but I didn't feel like I was going to die. I actually started to feel good! I had gotten my second wind. I had beaten the wall.

I had passed the test that we all get. It's almost as if success wants to know that you're serious before it allows you it's rewards. That's what flashed through my mind as I saw the picture of temporarily plump S. Anthony. This post injury plumpness is nothing but a speed bump. I will be back to the old me. Physically, mentally and spiritually. It's only a matter of a little time. It is inevitable. That flashback was my mental and spiritual second wind. When it gets tough, always remember...your second wind is there waiting for you. You just have to push through the test and get it. And you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment