Monday, June 7, 2010

The hug...

Life is made up of a series of small moments. Some stay with you. An hour ago I was driving my uncle home and I saw two ladies that obviously were friends for years walking toward each other. Each had her toddler daughter with her. The two children didn't notice each other at first...they were too busy begging their mothers for something. Then it happened. They saw each other. Each one let out an excited shout, jumped up and down and ran to the other. It was awesome.

They were so young that running for them was essentially them falling forward toward each other. Their excited little feet tapping the pavement as they got closer...then they stopped and hugged each other. Pure joy, right there in front of me. It was a beautiful thing to see. Their hug was the creator of several smiles because everyone near noticed the same thing. Pure joy. I hope you get to see and experience joy like that. The smile is still on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment